Monday, January 14, 2008

Awarded Photographer of the Year 2007 by PPSCV



2007 has truly been a wonderful year for me. My work has been published 5 times, I opened a portrait studio in the Branciforte Plaza in Santa Cruz, and I love working with all my clients, and to top that off, on January 9th 2008, I was awarded PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2007 by the Professional Photographers of Santa Clara Valley (PPSCV). A true honor I hope to achieve again. The award is given to the photographer with the highest score accumulated from the 5-6 print competitions throughout the year held by PPSCV, an affiliate of Professional Photographers of California (PPC) and Professional Photographers of America (PPA). I believe print competitions can make one a better photographer and I try and use the 12 elements that make a great image when photographing clients. I am always striving to get that unforgettable image that has composition, impact, creativity, style, lighting, and of course good expression. So much to think about, but if you do it right you can capture an unforgettable moment of time.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Congratulations! This is an amazing honor. I can't wait to see what's next for you.